ACCELERATE YOUR CAREER WITH LIVERPOOL CHIROCHEM LTD
Join a chemical technology innovator, and an international team with various backgrounds in a
culturally diverse environment. All employees have a voice and opportunities to develop their careers.
What are your expectations?
As part of a recent company expansion, we are currently hiring chemists at all levels to join our new
production and methodology department in the UK.
Location: Office and labs based in Runcorn, Liverpool, UK
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Level: Associate to Senior positions to be filled
You will be working closely with our analytical and purification team to help deliver our products to project deadlines. Our customers predominantly work in the hit-ID and lead expansion stages of drug discovery so the roles also offer opportunities to expand your knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
• Organic synthesis by following established in-house techniques and procedures e.g. asymmetric hydrogenation, photochemistry etc…
• Develop new routes to enhance LCC’s catalogue using processes amenable to scale-up.
• Present results to the team and also prepare reports for customers, when required.
• Collaborate with analytical / purification team to produce chirally pure products and determine absolute stereochemistry.
• BSc / MSc in organic/medicinal chemistry or MSc/PhD, depending on application level.
• Experience and enthusiasm for organic synthesis and the ability to plan new routes .
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Good time management and interpersonal skills.
• Soft skills: A positive attitude and the willingness to adapt/learn.
We are a diverse and international chemical technology innovator, on a mission to accelerate discoveries through the provision of novel scaffolds and building blocks.
LCC has designed and synthesized a library of novel, diverse, 3D-rich building blocks, which are used to support an international customer base. Our scaffolds can be applied to technologies across our four main product pillars: DEL, FBLD, Linkers (for PROTACs etc.), and virtual screening with our 3Discovery™ Virtual Library.
Through an ethos of purposeful curiosity, LCC’s goal is to help the development of high-quality drugs, in order to bring new drugs to market, faster, better, and easier.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV together with a cover letter to
Liverpool ChiroChem Ltd.
Department of Chemistry, University of Liverpool
Crown Street, Liverpool, L69 7ZD, United Kingdom
Tel.: + 44 (0) 151 794 2936